Here's some links to useful things:
- website of the Cinnabar group Psallite, with music and rhyming translations by Kasha
- the SCA Minstrel Homepage
- the SCA Medieval and Renaissance Music Homepage
- THL Teleri's Medieval and Renaissance Music resources links
- On-line home of the SCA Middle Kingdom bardic community. Maintained by Master Cerian Cantwr.
- web home for poetry by my apprentice Andreas Blacwode.
- if a tune was in various mss., all versions are here, each separate
- all in modern round notes w/o rhythm, no words - melodies only
- note: the music can be viewed in Gregorian notation or modern round notes without rhythm
- also you can expand the plicas (check a box in upper right)
- also has all lyrics
- a searchable database of Gregorian chant
- Playford, all the editions
Looking for some Christmas music? If you are on FB, check the files of the SCA Bardic group for the zipped file Music for Wassail 12th Night. It's a huge compliation by Lady Siri, and is bound to have the song you were looking for.
a page with links to all the troubadour and trouvere mss online as of 2012
an even better page with even more links to online mss; the above troub/trouv, plus cantigas, plus carmina burana, and more!
Some Aquitainian manuscripts online:
- Bibliothek Nat'l Fr. ms. 1139, an Aquitainian ms. (this one's tricky: you'll need to read books 1st)
- Bibliothek Nat'l Fr. ms. 3719, an Aquitainian ms.
- Bibliothek Nat'l Fr. ms. 3549, an Aquitainian ms., starting on f.149, with the music
- British Lib. additional 36881, an Aquitainian ms. (this one is the easiest to read)
Titled "Viking Resources for the Re-enactor," Thora has various Viking-era related articles and bibliographies that are very useful, especially relating to textiles.
Phaila does tablet weaving, loom weaving, sprang, braiding, nalbinding, spinning, dyeing -- the works. Especially great are her explanation papers on various textile arts.
Food and Cookery:
also one of my favorites, the 13th century anonymous Andalusian cookbook
Online rose shopping:
Also see the list of rose sellers linked under the Antique Roses article on my Plants and Gardening page.